Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Basing models

I've tried several basing methods over the past few years, and there always seems to be a balance between the length of time you spend on basing and how good the bases look...

Up until recently, most of my models have been based with sand over PVA glue, painted then drybrushed with 3-4 progressively lighter colours before flocking with some grass on top.

This has been somewhat time consuming so now I've found a corner to cut - pre-coloured sand! To be honest I saw this on Nazgob's blog, and picked up some brown coloured sand when I next saw a model railway shop.

My basing is now much easier and I only take 3 steps as shown below:



2 comments:

  1. I think the extra time on basing makes all the difference - it can make average figs looks good, well painted figs look great, and great painted figs look average if done badly. You've got a good technique there! (Nice figs too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit I prefer the tip you gave on basing using the progressivly lighter shade, yes it takes a little longer but I personaly thonk it canmke the model look better overall. Good job on the models ;)

    ReplyDelete